Bodeli: A fire broke out in Kovid-19 ward of a two-storey hospital in Bodeli town of Chhota Udaipur district of Gujarat on Wednesday morning. An official gave this information. The official said that there was no casualty in this fire on the second floor of Bodeli Dhokaliya Public Hospital. 10 patients of Kovid-19 undergoing treatment in the ward were shifted to the lower floor of the hospital and some of them were later admitted to other hospitals. Also Read – New twist in Rajasthan politics! BJP sends some MLAs to Gujarat on ‘pilgrimage’, Vasundhara encamps in Delhi
District Health Officer Dr. Mahesh Chaudhary said, “On Wednesday morning, a fire broke out after a short-circuit in the switch board of Kovid-19 ward. The fire was controlled with the help of firefighters. ” He said, “As a precaution, the staff sent all 10 patients to the lower floor.” Also Read – Corona cases in Gujarat cross 66,000, death toll rises to 2,557
Chaudhary said that three patients were later discharged from the hospital for not being infected during the corona virus investigation while seven patients were shifted to other hospitals in Chhota Udaipur city. The second floor of the hospital was converted into a Kovid-19 ward. Also Read – Mother Heeraben became emotional, watching folded hands, watching PM Modi while doing Bhoomi worship of Ram temple
Chaudhary said, “The fire was minor and no person or property was damaged in the accident. It will take time to check and replace the electrical cables on the second floor. So we have decided to relocate the corona virus patients elsewhere. ” Two of the seven patients were admitted to the district hospital, while five were shifted to the Kovid care center set up at the Polytechnic College in Chhota Udaipur city.
On August 6, eight Kovid patients died after a fire broke out in the intensive care unit of a hospital in Ahmedabad. After the incident, the state government had ordered a fire safety check in all hospitals of the state to avoid recurrence of such tragedy.