Back in the day when IBM had no competition, Lotus Notes was used by almost every organization. But, in the modern era of cloud computing and cloud platforms, Outlook has surpassed all expectations, becoming the number one email platform. So, organizations that use Lotus Notes have found themselves in quite a dilemma.
Today, we will show you how to migrate from Lotus Notes to Microsoft Office 365 account with a one-stop solution for all your requirements. So, if you are thinking about moving from NSF to Office 365 email platform, we will assist you in this endeavor. But before we begin the migration process, let’s find out what makes Office 365 the right choice of platform.
Why Microsoft Office 365 the preferred platform?
Let’s look at some of the major advantages of moving from Lotus Notes to Office 365–
- With the Office 365 email platform, you are getting everything you are missing out on Lotus right now.
- Some of the key limitations of Lotus Notes, such as problematic data sharing, incompatibility with modern programs, data management, and more, can be addressed with the move to O365.
- Also, everything on the platform can be remotely managed from anywhere.
- With the Office 365 platform, every other program you already use, such as Skype for Business, SharePoint, and others, is well integrated with the Office 365 email, allowing for a seamless user experience.
Why We Don’t Recommend Manual Migrating?
Lotus Notes uses NSF file format to store all your data in the platform. Manually migrating from NSF to Office 365 platform is not quite as easy as it sounds. Something in your email attachment or wrongly formatted contact data could be incompatible with the Office 365 platform. Now, that could ruin the entire migration process.
Not to mention, the time and energy you will waste doing so. Even if it doesn’t show any error, the entire data could be unreadable if there’s any hidden technical error. Stellar Converter for NSF program will help you efficiently migrate all your IBM Lotus Notes emails to the O365 platform.
Step-by-Step Process of Migration from NSF To Office 365 Using Stellar Converter for NSF Technician
Stellar Converter for NSF Technician program will help you migrate all your data, including your emails, contacts, notes, calendar, attachments, and others to Outlook. Using the program, you can migrate one or multiple offline Lotus Notes mailboxes to the Office 365 platform. Here’s a step-by-step process on how to migrate from Lotus Notes (NSF) to Office 365 (PST).
- Download and launch our Stellar Converter for NSF Technician.
- Click the Browse tab, which will open a new dialog box. Now, you have to locate the NSF file that you saved on your system in the first step.
- Once you’re done, click Convert to begin the conversion process. The software will display a progress bar when converting the data. Once done, it will preview the NSF items in a three-pane window.
- All the data will show up on the screen in a minute or two. You can choose to check the data. You can see a preview of all the NSF file’s contents and select the folders that you want to migrate to Office 365.
- Once you are done, click Save Converted File, which will open a new dialog box. Choose a filename, and below the filename, there will be a “Save As window”, select Office 365 file format. Then, click Next.
- Now you can enter your Office 365 credentials and click OK. The software will automatically move all the Lotus Notes data to your new Office 365 platform.
- Now, launch your Office 365 platform, and all your Lotus Notes data will be there for you to choose from.
Top 6 Features of Stellar Converter for NSF Technician tool for Seamless Migration
Here’s a list of features that makes the software a unique value proposition-
- Easy NSF to PST Conversion
The Stellar Converter for NSF simplifies the entire conversion process, making it easier for a newbie to convert from NSF to PST.
- Convert NSF to Office 365 and MS Outlook Stellar Converter for NSF Technician migrates Lotus Notes NSF files to Office 365 & Outlook. The tool helps you to directly import the backed NSF into the Office 365 & Outlook platforms. If required, it can also be converted to PST, RTF, MSG, EML, PDF, or even HTML.
- Selective Mailbox Conversion
The application provides you with the option to select the mail you want to migrate to the new Outlook platform. This is helpful for organizations that have a lot of unnecessary data.
- Preview Every Component Before Conversion
With the Stellar Converter for NSF, you will have the opportunity to preview every mail in all the mailboxes. This allows you to get a better understanding of what to select and what not.
- Simple and User-friendly Interface
The software’s simple and user-friendly interface is what makes the conversion process so much easier. It is the very foundation of what led to the popularity of the Stellar Converter for NSF program.
- Generates Log Report for Every Conversion
It generates a log for every conversion which makes it easier for the technician to figure out if there were any complications, errors, or any other issues that may have gone unnoticed.
Lotus Notes to Microsoft Office 365 migration is one of the most searched user queries for switching email platforms. If you are also wondering which is the best solution to convert NSF files to PST, read the guide above. It talks about a Stellar Converter for NSF that can migrate one or multiple mailboxes to the Office 365 platform with complete data accuracy. In the present, Microsoft O365 is among the most popular enterprise software platforms, and the recommended software will help you easily migrate multiple NSF files to PST.